There are four things that need to happen to join or return to 4-H, along with signing up for projects. Everything can be done online or through email except for paying fees to the club, which is done either at a club meeting or through snail mail. Parents should also make sure they join East Hills’ Meetup group which is where we maintain our calendar and communicate.
Short version of how to enroll youth members:
- Enroll or re-enroll at https://v2.4honline.com/ If you had an account last year at 4HOnline, it will work here too. See below for detailed instructions.
- Pay annual dues to the club, 65$ for each youth member, 25$ for adult project leaders.
- Submit a signed Member Agreement for your family, all details here: Click here for more information: http://www.easthills4h.org/2020/10/18/online-member-agreement/ and a direct link to the actual agreement: https://form.jotform.com/212385123574050
- Select projects for youth member and send to Kris by September 15th, 2021. Projects are still open after this date, but some projects might be full after the first go-round.
Detailed instructions for enrolling or re-enrolling youth members in 4-H
1. Enroll or re-enroll at the new 4HOnline site
- Go to https://v2.4honline.com
- If you are returning to 4-H, your old 4HOnline account will work on the new site. Sign in, select the member, and work through the enrollment pages.You will need to repeat this for every child you have in the club. You will also select East Hills as your primary club and select at least one project they will be taking (see Official 4-H Names for our Projects for the aliases we have to use in the new system).
- If you are new to 4-H, you need to make a family account.
- Using your name and email (even though you will not be enrolling yourself unless you become an adult volunteer). select “California”, then “University of California”, and then “Alameda” for the county.
- You will then have to put in each child and work through the enrollment pages, including basic information, medical releases, health history, etc. You’ll also select East Hills as your primary club and at least one project each child will be taking (see Official 4-H Names for our Projects for the aliases we have to use in the new system).
- Don’t worry about selecting the right project too much, we don’t use the 4HOnline system for our project rosters, but 4HOnline does need to know that each youth member is in at least one project. You will be able to change projects later, so the important thing is to have one project on the enrollment.
- IMPORTANT: you do NOT need to pay anything in order to enroll at 4HOnline. East Hills only charges youth members 65$ per member, the county charges 100$. The club pays the difference!. But you need to pay East Hills directly if you do not want to pay the 100$ that the state/county charges us. We can’t give refunds.
- Once done, you should receive an email stating the youth member’s enrollment has been submitted but not yet approved. Approval happens after fees are paid (or a fee waiver sent to Kris) and the member agreement is signed.
- Only youth need to enroll unless the adult is going to be a certified volunteer.
2, Pay annual dues ($65/youth and $25/adults).
- You can bring the dues to the Sept. 13th meeting or Oct. 11th club meetings, where our treasurer will give you a receipt. You can also mail them to us, using Kris’ address (email her for address).
- Cash is fine and checks are also welcomed. Please make them out to “East Hills 4-H Club”. We cannot do PayPal or credit cards, unfortunately. Please remember to NOT use the online payment system if you only want to pay 65$ per youth member.
- We never turn anyone away for inability to pay, please email Kris if you need a fee waiver.
3. Submit a signed Member Agreement for your family.
- I have made this an online form, to make it as easy as possible, but it is important to read through the Code of Conduct and our Operating Rules before signing.
- Click here for the form: http://www.easthills4h.org/2020/10/18/online-member-agreement/
4. Select projects and get them into Kris by Wednesday, September 15th, 2021.
You will need the latest copy of our project descriptions and details, plus the signup sheet (look under the “Projects” tab above for a copy of the signup sheet). I also have the descriptions on this site, but it doesn’t have details or names, for privacy concerns.
Look through the project descriptions and the schedule (month view) to get an idea of which projects your child would like to take. The “descriptions” PDF has a table of details at the beginning, so scroll past that to reach the detailed descriptions of each project. The details table tells you day/time of meetings, which age a project is intended for, plus any notes that might apply.Once you have some projects, the next step is to rank them from #1 to whatever, #1 being the project your child most wants. You can send me the project information in two ways:
- fill out the sign-up sheet in Microsoft Word, name it with your child’s name, and email it to me at kkonrad@carondoletacademy.
- Alternatively, type all the information from the signup sheet (don’t forget name, age, etc) directly into an email to me, just listing the project choices with a number.
The deadline on the sheet is Sept. 15, but that’s only for the ranked choice process, projects are open after that, just subject to availability.