As of August 2021, if you are an Adult Volunteer returning to 4-H, the process of enrolling and doing the yearly training is summarized below. 4HOnline has been updated and has a new link, it is NOT 4HOnline.org anymore.
Adult Volunteer Enrollment at v2.4HOnline.com
|1. Go to https://v2.4honline.com/|
2. Enter all Volunteer Application/Enrollment & Screening information required online and submit.
3. You will see an email confirmation of submitted enrollment with a reminder to pay program fees and complete required volunteer trainings (see below).
4. Submit fee payment to Club Leader or County 4-H Office (25$ for each adult volunteer).
5. Fill out the Member Agreement form for each family online:
5. 4-H Online enrollment status and Volunteer Screening status will show as Submitted at this point.
To be confirmed as an adult volunteer, you need to do two sets of trainings:
A. COVID Safety training (short) and putting project meetings into the survey
- Read 5 documents about COVID safety. Go to: http://4halameda.ucanr.edu/resources/volunteerresources/ to find the 5 documents in the gold box on the right hand side of the page. Read through them (won’t take long).
- Take a short survey to certify that you have read the documents and thus completed safety training: https://ucanr.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5B8KrlPeqFzjgN0 For more resources, see http://4halameda.ucanr.edu/resources/volunteerresources/
- Complete and submit online via the 4-H Activity Approval Request – at least 4-6 weeks prior to the activity date. Include a 4-H Activity Roster, if possible. We must receive approval prior to 4-H activities from 4-H Staff. Any unauthorized 4-H activity will not be covered by 4-H insurance and the host(s) will be held responsible for any subsequent outcomes.
B. Standard Volunteer trainings – Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect Acknowledgement course on Campus Extension
Note: This process is only for volunteers that were “Active” in 4HOnline during the 2019-2020 4-H year. If the volunteer was not active during 2020-2021, they will need to complete the process for NEW Volunteers.
- Go to https://campus.extension.org and log in.
- Either search for the course above, or click on “4H and Youth”, then “4H: California”, and the course will be the first one in the list that appears. The enrollment key is still “Alameda”.
- Go through the course and take the quiz at the end.
- Once back on your home page, you should see a certificate on the bottom. Download it and save, just in case! The county should get notified that you completed the course, but you never know.