As of August 2021, if you are an Adult Volunteer returning to 4-H, the process of enrolling and doing the yearly training is summarized below. 4HOnline has been updated and has a new link, it is NOT 4HOnline.org anymore.
Adult Volunteer Enrollment at v2.4HOnline.com
|1. Go to https://v2.4honline.com/|
2. Enter all Volunteer Application/Enrollment & Screening information required online and submit.
3. You will see an email confirmation of submitted enrollment with a reminder to pay program fees and complete required volunteer trainings (see below).
4. Submit fee payment to Club Leader or County 4-H Office (25$ for each adult volunteer).
5. Fill out the Member Agreement form for each family online: https://form.jotform.com/212385123574050
5. 4-H Online enrollment status and Volunteer Screening status will show as Submitted at this point.
To be confirmed as an adult volunteer, you need to do two sets of trainings:
A. COVID Safety training (short) and putting project meetings into the survey
- Read 5 documents about COVID safety. Go to: http://4halameda.ucanr.edu/resources/volunteerresources/ to find the 5 documents in the gold box on the right hand side of the page. Read through them (won’t take long).
- Take a short survey to certify that you have read the documents and thus completed safety training: https://ucanr.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5B8KrlPeqFzjgN0 For more resources, see http://4halameda.ucanr.edu/resources/volunteerresources/
- Complete and submit online via the 4-H Activity Approval Request – at least 4-6 weeks prior to the activity date. Include a 4-H Activity Roster, if possible. We must receive approval prior to 4-H activities from 4-H Staff. Any unauthorized 4-H activity will not be covered by 4-H insurance and the host(s) will be held responsible for any subsequent outcomes.
B. Standard Volunteer trainings – Abuse Risk Management course on Campus Extension
Note: This process is only for volunteers that were “Active” in 4HOnline during the 2019-2020 4-H year. If the volunteer was not active during 2020-2021, they will need to complete the process for NEW Volunteers.
- Go to https://campus.extension.org and log in.
- Either search for 2021-22 California 4-H Returning Volunteers Course in the main menu, or click on “4H and Youth”, then “4H: California”, and it will appear down on the page, about the 4-5th course down. Once you click on the course, you should see the name “Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers“. You do NOT want the first course, which will be “Reporting Abuse…”.
- The enrollment key is still “Alameda”.
- Go through the course and take the quiz at the end.
- Once back on your home page, you should see a certificate on the bottom. Download it and save, just in case! The county should get notified that you completed the course, but you never know.