If you are an Adult Volunteer returning to 4-H, here is an overview of the process:
1. Re-enroll at 4HOnline.
2. Complete the 2018-2019 training for returning volunteers.
3. Give a copy of medical form from 4HOnline to club leader and sign Member Agreement.
4. Pay volunteer dues (25$) or email Kris for a fee waiver.
See below for all the details!
This process is only for volunteers that were "Active" in 4hOnline during the 2017-2018. If the volunteer was not active during 2017-2018, they will need to complete the process for NEW Volunteers.
- Complete required “2018-19 California Returning Volunteers Training” in eXtension* (go to https://campus.extension.org/enrol/index.php?id=1537. Please note that you might have to be signed into eTension before link will go to correct course.
- Maintaining an Inclusive 4-H Experience (10 min)
- Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers (15 min)
1. Re-enroll at 4H Online.
This means going to 4H Online , signing into your family account, selecting one child at a time, working through the pages and then enrolling each child when finished.
- - Click here for a page that will walk you step by step through this process using the parent's email (and password).
- - Only youth need to enroll unless the adult is going to be a certified volunteer.
2. Complete required “2018-19 California Returning Volunteers Training” in eXtension*
Please note that you might have to be signed into exTension before link will go to correct course. Email Kris or Cheryl if you don't have the password for the course (will be in the email).
- - Watch two videos:
Maintaining an Inclusive 4-H Experience (10 min)
Abuse Risk Management for Volunteers (15 min)
3. Give a hard copy of your Medical Release to the club leader.
- - You can download a PDF of the health form at 4HOnline once you have completed the enrollment process. Once you are back to the main page that looks like this:
Under the list of names is a "Member Reports". Select your name, and then select "Health Form" in the next line. Give it about 10 seconds, and then you can save or download the PDF. Print out a copy for the club leader (Kris) and also have a copy on hand for all of your own projects.
-- You may also find this form at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/4726.pdf.
- - You can bring this to the first club meeting (Sept. 10th, 2018, 1 pm, Creekside Church) or the second club meeting (Oct. 8th, 2018, 1 pm, Creekside Church). If your printer isn't working, you can also email an electronic copy to Kris (I'll print a hard copy out) or even use snail mail (email Kris for her address, we are between PO Boxes).
4. A signed Member Agreement for each family.
- - You can download the Member Agreement here: 2015_member_agreement_form (PDF) or Member Agreement 2012 (Word).
- - Please print it out, read through the Code of Conduct (and discuss with your kids), have everyone sign it, and bring to the September/October club meeting or mail it East Hills if you prefer (email info@EastHills4H.org for address).
- - We will also have blank forms already printed out at the Sept. 10th/Oct. 8th club meetings (2018 mtgs, Creekside Church n San Leandro from 1-3 pm), so if you read through the Code of Conduct at home, you can quickly sign a form at the meeting.
- - You can view the member’s code of conduct at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/153602.pdf , the adult volunteer code of conduct at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/16404.pdf, and the parent code of conduct at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/187920.pdf.
- - You can also find East Hills Operating Rules on the Forms page
5. Pay annual dues
-- They are $65/youth and $25/adults.
- - You can bring the dues to the Sept. 10th meeting or Oct. 8th club meetings, where our treasurer will give you a receipt. You can also mail them to us, using Kris' address (email her for address).
- - Cash is fine, but checks are also welcomed. Please make them out to "East Hills 4-H Club". We cannot do PayPal or credit cards, unfortunately.
- - We never turn anyone away for inability to pay, please email Kris if you need a fee waiver.
The application is reviewed by the county director. If approved notification of your 4-H adult volunteer appointment will be sent from 4hOnline. Keep this email as proof that your are a Certified 4-H Leader.
If there are any limitations on the appointment a subsequent letter will be sent from the county director.
If not approved a letter will be sent to the applicant from the county director. Please contact me if you have any questions.
4-H Program Representative