There are four things that need to happen to register in 4-H(see below) along with signing up for projects (see this page for more information about the selection process):
1. Enroll at 4H Online. This means making a family account and then enrolling your children under your family account.
- - Click here for a page that will walk you step by step through this process using the parent's email (and password).
- - The website is here: https://ca.4honline.com/
- - Once you make a family account, you then add your child or children as new members of 4-H.
- - Only youth need to enroll unless the adult is going to be a certified volunteer.
2. Fill out and hand in a hard copy of the Medical Release for every member of your family who will be enrolled in 4-H. Only parents who will be going through the certification process to be an adult volunteer will need to enroll and fill out forms.
**UPDATE** I have recently learned that all members will now be able to print out the medical form from their account on 4HOnline. There's no need to print and fill out the below medical form although you can certainly still use it if you prefer it. I will still bring copies of the longer medical form to the first few club meetings just in case. **UPDATE**
- - You may find this form at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/4726.pdf.
- - You can bring this to the first club meeting (Sept. 11th, 1 pm, Creekside Church) or the second club meeting (Oct. 9th). You can also email an electronic copy to Kris (I'll print a hard copy out) or even use snail mail (email Kris Konrad for her address, we are between PO Boxes).
- - Remember, your club leader needs a copy of the medical form for each member, and your project leaders will also need a copy at the first project meeting. If you have problems with printing from your account, just let Kris know, she will be able to print it for you.
- - Please print it out, read through the Code of Conduct (and discuss with your kids), have everyone sign it, and bring to the September/October club meeting or mail it East Hills if you prefer (email info@EastHills4H.org for address).
- - We will also have blank forms already printed out at the Sept. 11th/Oct. 9th club meetings, so if you read through the Code of Conduct at home, you can quickly sign a form at the meeting.
- - You can view the member’s code of conduct at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/153602.pdf , the adult volunteer code of conduct at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/16404.pdf, and the parent code of conduct at http://4h.ucanr.edu/files/187920.pdf.
- - You can also find East Hills Operating Rules on the Forms page
4. Pay annual dues ($65/youth and $25/adults).
- - You can bring the dues to the Sept. 11th meeting or Oct. 9th club meetings, where our youth treasurer will give you a receipt. You can also mail them to us, using Kris' address (email her for address).
- - Cash is fine, but checks are also welcomed. Please make them out to East Hills 4-H. We cannot do PayPal or credit cards, unfortunately.
- - We never turn anyone away for inability to pay, please email Kris if you need a fee waiver.
What happens after you have enrolled your kids, paid your dues, and handed in the Member's Agreement and Medical Release forms? When the online enrollment is completed and the medical form, dues and member agreement are submitted, you will be confirmed at the club level. After you have been confirmed at the county level, your status will change to Active. I would like all members confirmed and “Active” as soon as possible for insurance purposes. If you aren't confirmed by November 1st, you will not be able to participate in any projects until you are confirmed.
Please let me know if you have any questions. I know this can seem a little overwhelming at first, but we are here to help.
Welcome to East Hills 4-H!